International Conference "The Caucasus Frontline of the First World War. Genocide, Refugees and Humanitarian Assistance”
The Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute of the National Academy of Sciences, Republic of Armenia, organizes an International Conference "The Caucasus Frontline of the First World War. Genocide, Refugees and Humanitarian Assistance” to be held on April 21-22, 2014 in Yerevan.
The aim of the conference is to study the unknown historical facts on the military operations in the Caucasus Front of the WWI, existence of refugees in the regions of military actions and the implementation of genocide against the Armenian population on the territories of the former Ottoman and Russian Empires during the war.
The following topics are among the issues will be discussed at the Conference:
• War and Genocide
• The Russian military men as witnesses of Genocide
• The Military photographers and a footages of the Caucasus frontline of the “Forgotten War”
• War and the science: archeological and ethnographical studies in Armenia during the War
• Crimes against humanity and civilization
• Status and faith of the prisoners of war and missing
• The War and volunteer movement
• Humanitarian assistance and refugees
• Charity in the Caucasus Front